Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tolkien's Army of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Raids, Instances & Book Quests
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Huckling
huckling
Librarian of the White Council

re: Draigoch

Starting a thread for Draigoch.

I'm posting the FM order as found in the official forums. I want our own thread here for when threads get deleted or modified in the future. I am also updating our instances link with this thread.

FMS
==========================
First Set
RYYYYR - Just a Flesh Wound
YYYYYR - First Blood
YYRRYY - Surgical Strike
YRYYRY - A Slight Sting

Second Set
RYRYRY - Exposed
YRYRYR - A snail out of its shell
RRYRYY - Deep Wound
YYRYRR - A chink in their armour

Third Set
RRYYRR - The Sound of Inevitability
YRRRRY - Twisting the dagger
RYRRYR - Sudden Death
RRYRRY - Stroke of Midnight
Bynitch
bynitch
Leader

So these are clearly fellowship maneuvers, but does this mean these are the ones you HAVE to use (in this order) on Draigoch? Or does the list reflect another purpose?
Huckling
huckling

I haven't been yet, but from my understanding... IF you hit all the CJs in the correct order (and at the correct time), you can down him in about 45 minutes. He has 9 million hit points from what I'm told and the lack of CJ's would greatly prolong the fight.

According to the dev diary, the wrong CJ can potentially cause problems ;)

Maybe in another week or two we can give EM a shot when we have a bigger pool of 75's.
Leonwarda

Thanks for the post Huck! I can't wait for this raid, it sounds epic Happy
Huckling
huckling

re: Strategy

Posting a strategy from the forums. Will try before moving to the raid links.

Phase One
When you first enter the instance there is a wall blocking your way. When you move up to it the wall breaks and you can proceed forward. Here is the important part! Watch in front of you for a light coming thru the tunnels. You want to time it so that you are hidden behind the rock walls when he is glaring into the holes. If you wander into an open spot while the light is shining thru it he will breath fire and one shot you. Most people die once or twice so don't worry about it but just try to see where the light is and run when it's not next to you. Be aware not to be standing on any dead bodies or gold either cause when he breaths fire he heats up objects on the ground and you will also get one shot if you are standing on them.

Once you reach the end of the tunnel the ground at the end will break and you will fall down. This is where you need to buff up, hit tokens/scrolls, eat food ect. The main tank will need to stay up top with a healer (we had a mini stay up there) and optionally you can also have an off tank stay up there as well to grab aggro in case the main tank dies. If no one is tanking the head he goes crazy and makes the caverns rumble and rocks/money rain down on you causing constant damage that will lead to your death if your tank doesn't get the aggro under control.

I got a little ahead of myself on this so i'll go back a little. After you get done buffing you will want to have the tank and his group get in place and the rest of the raid will head down to the second level (there are three levels and I recommended walking around a bit before you start the fight to get your bearings.) When everyone is ready to go get the tank to click on the glowing chest up on the first level where he will tank the head.

The fight starts and with it the second phase!

Phase Two
Get the head under control (the tank doesn't have to stand all the way on the ledge just get close enough to get aggro this way the healers can stand back away from him and not get hit.) The other part of the raid will start dpsing the 4 claws (two are on the second level and two are on the bottom level). Be sure everyone is grouped up before you start taking down the claws cause he does a distributed attack and I have seen it one shot people so be careful! He will occasionally move spots so dps until he moves and then move with him. You can determine where he moves by watching him breath fire. You will want to go opposite of where he is breathing fire because that is where he will land next on the wall.

Once you dps down all the claws he will fall down to the middle area and you will dps and try to hit cjs as much as possible (we only manage to get two in per round). Here is the cj list that you must pull off in order to get challenge:

First Set
RYYYYR - Just a Flesh Wound
YYYYYR - First Blood
YYRRYY - Surgical Strike
YRYYRY - A Slight Sting

Second Set
RYRYRY - Exposed
YRYRYR - A snail out of its shell
RRYRYY - Deep Wound
YYRYRR - A chink in their armour

Third Set
RRYYRR - The Sound of Inevitability
YRRRRY - Twisting the dagger
RYRRYR - Sudden Death
RRYRRY - Stroke of Midnight

We assigned everyone in the raid a number 1-6 and when your number is called you would hit a red. So for example I was 3 and when it got to the 3 spot and if my number was called I would hit a red for that spot. This is not required but just a suggestion on how to get people to hit the right cjs

After a while he will get back up which means dps time is over and you need to run back into the tunnels to work on dpsing the claws down again. The tank for the head needs to go back over to where the chest that starts the fight is cause that's where he will pop back up at.

During this phase he will make a call out saying something about his breath where he will make it rain gold so just stay grouped up and behind a wall.

After you have lowered his health bar on his body to about half he will transition to the third phase by saying "Cowards! Stand and fight me" at which point everyone (including tank and everyone up top as well) needs to be in the middle of the room because he will light the tunnels up with fire and you will take around 1.5k fire damage a tick if you decide to stay and get roasted (found this out first hand).

Phase Three
The tank needs to get aggro of the head again while the rest of the group takes down the claws. At this point it's the same as before but when he goes down after all the claws are defeated you can hit any cj you want unless you haven't finished the cjs above and want to get challenge (we usually use twisting the dagger YRRRRY after the main set of cjs). Also when he comes back down he blows fire on random parts of the outside of the room so it's important to stay in the middle! He will also rotate so you will have to move each time he gets back up after a cj. He will bounce and make it rain coins on you during this phase as well so just keep heals going and put in some solid dps and finish him off!

At the end of the fight be sure to get out of the middle of the room! He will fly up trying to escape and hits the roof of the cavern which causes rocks to fall down so if you are down there the rocks will kill you.

---------------------------------------------------------

Addendum:

Phase one is from 9.1 Million morale until 6.4 Million morale.

Just moving left or right depending which way the dragon moves.

Phase two is from 6.4 Million morale until 3.4 Million morale

Draigoch will do a coin wind attack so everyone below (everyone put tank and healer on top) just move behind out the view of the middle and it'll stop. Then the dragon will do a large fire attack over the top layer. This you move left and right just like normal phase 1 but you MUST go the right way otherwise you will get blocked off by fire.

Phase three is 3.4 Million morale to death.

All move to the middle, You must all attack the same paw then because the distributed damage is doubled so if your attacking one different to the main you'll get hit with 20K + instead of around 12K.

Once dead run to the caverns
Runeblest

Wha happened to the pretty colors in the sets!

Sure-Footed Shireling

Well I was lucky enough to be able to be part of a raid that did this at T2, sadly Draigoch bugged when we almost had him killed so I didn't officially finish it, but I have all the FM's thats always good.
It isn't that hard of a fight when you get into the rhythm, I would have to say it is quite mind numbing. I have heard if you get two FM's off each time it should only take about an hour, and if we where fast enough on the FM's we even might be able to get three off, which would make it go even faster. I would say if we plan on doing this set aside at least two hours.
If anyone has any questions about this just ask and I will try to answer the best I can.
Bynitch
bynitch
Leader

Is this one of those fights where you must have a specified make-up in order to pull it off? And if so, is there lots of room for DPS?
Teamgrout

I'm only guessing here....but if 24 ppl are required and it takes so long to complete, I'm guessing the make-up looks something like this:
4 tanks
4 RK's
4 mini's
4 cappys
4 burgs
2 champs
2 LM's
0 huntards

I'm sure someone will debunk this and say that there is a spot for a hunter or spots for hunters somewhere, but deep down....this is the make-up they WANT. They just let us tag along so we don't cry.

Happy

FundinStrongarm
Officer

LOL. I'm pretty sure you only need 2 tanks at most, whether 12 or 24 people. A couple healers, a couple burgs and a cappy or two and the rest filler.
Skullslice
Dwarvish Deep Delver

The group I tried it in only had one tank for the head. It was a failure due to the tank not listening and going left instead of right on phase 1 when the dragon does his spiny thing. As for the bug, I heard it was from people retreating during the fight and the bug is inevitable later on in the fight. might have been fixed in the patch? Who knows. But I do know we MUST kill that dragon! And have milk and cookies after. And a *high five* line for Bynitch.
Huckling
huckling

You do need a second tank. Eventually he will swing around and while you aren't tanking the head, the entire raid takes over 700 damage every second or two. In other words its a wipe if you don't have another tank on the other side of the circle.

Also agree with Turn... pug groups get cliquish quick and are always looking for the most optimal way or the easy way, etc. Just like the SG runs that wanted 3 champs, 1 cappy, and 2 burgs. Two Thirds of the classes were left out of those groups. Its why we need to do this as a kin. More fun and more options ;)

FYI, the group I tried it on had 2 hunters iirc and the only reason we wiped was no off tank.

Want to try with kin.
Want to try with kin.
Want to try with kin.
Say it with me...
FundinStrongarm
Officer

7 of us had a good look around in there yesterday getting our bearings on what the tank group and dps group have to do in there. Besides Burgs, what other ways can people trip Fellowship Maneuvers? Captain can trait Kick to can give a chance. Guardians can trait To the King to give a chance. Anything else? We might need to know that kind of thing if we can only take one Burglar in here.
Huckling
huckling

FundinStrongarm wrote:
7 of us had a good look around in there yesterday getting our bearings on what the tank group and dps group have to do in there. Besides Burgs, what other ways can people trip Fellowship Maneuvers? Captain can trait Kick to can give a chance. Guardians can trait To the King to give a chance. Anything else? We might need to know that kind of thing if we can only take one Burglar in here.

I'd say this is wear Finesse will play a big roll. All those abilities won't mean much if they are evaded and sent to Cooldown.
Turnrid
Sure-Footed Shireling

FundinStrongarm wrote:
what other ways can people trip Fellowship Maneuvers? Captain can trait Kick to can give a chance. Guardians can trait To the King to give a chance. Anything else? We might need to know that kind of thing if we can only take one Burglar in here.

I don't think its that really any other class would be efficient enought to start FM's. Draigoch will only stay immobile for one minute and after you get one off, you have to wait 20s before you can get another. You could always try it with another class, but you want a burg for sure, and its always nice to have a second one just in case.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tolkien's Army of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Raids, Instances & Book Quests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: