Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tolkien's Army of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Raids, Instances & Book Quests
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Turnrid
Sure-Footed Shireling

re: Ost Dunhoth

It would be cool if we could get a group together one night and run the Wound wing in OD. I have ran it a bunch of times with good groups so I know the wing pretty well, and in my opinion it is so much more fun then the other wings.

Its just a suggestion, but I love running it.
FundinStrongarm
Officer
Librarian of the White Council

Ok. We'll set it up for Sunday evening.
Turnrid
Sure-Footed Shireling

Not to be a downer or anything but Sundays are not the best days for me.
I'm pretty much good any other day of the week. Saturdays are the ideal, but beggars can't be choosers.
FundinStrongarm
Officer

Ok, we'll switch it for Saturday.
Sageriel
Dwarvish Deep Delver

Dang, wish I could come!! Have fun guys!
Turnrid
Sure-Footed Shireling

I have some strats on the wound wing, it is probably best if everyone that joins reads this. It does have teir2 in mind but they should work nonetheless.
And thanks to the Brandywine Brewing Co for the strats

Will miss ya Sage

Wound Wing
The wound wing is all about speed. Get ready to haul booty folks.
As you walk into the wound wing you will see on your left, 3 mammoths behind gates. On your right you will see 3 gated corridors each containing 2 raised platforms. Once all the platforms have a person standing on them (6 people total needed), the mammoths will be released and the gates to the corridors will open. Before you start the fight, the raid should be split into 3 groups of 4 of semi-equal DPS and survivability.

Corridors:
Run. If the elephants catch you, you're toast, as in one-shotted with no hope of survival. So you'll need to run through the gates as soon as they open. It's best to just be holding down the W key if you are not tasked with plate standing. Once you've started running you'll soon encounter enemies. You'll need to kill everything you encounter as quickly as possible. Also there are levers that will need to be pulled. Usually the levers are not active until a certain mob is killed (usually dogs). A couple of things to know about: Blood Hand Renewers you fight will get corruptions very soon after being aggro'd. These corruptions should be removed immediately. Also, the Renewers will put wounds on people (the icon looks like an eye) that if not removed in 6 seconds will stun the person with the wound and everyone within about 5-8 meters. If you had more than 1 wound and your pot didn't clear the eye wound, get away from people. Also the Noxious Wights (bald guys) will put down pools of acid. The DoT from the pool is not extreme, but the debuff (+25% attack duration, -25% run speed and +20% all skill inductions) from the acid is pretty crummy. Get out of it quickly. Shadow Wolves will also have corruptions but you should do what you can to NOT remove their corruptions as they will increase the incoming damage on the wolves. You will come upon gates in your corridor that are closed even though you've killed everything you can. Press up against these gates and be ready to run forward and kill as they will open soon (when other sections pull their levers). Once you've reached the end of the corridor kill what's in the last room here and get ready to pick up and start DPS'ing the mammoth. DPS the mammoth quickly but make sure that it's aggro'd on who it should be. Once the mammoth reaches 48k morale it will break through the back wall and move into the Big Room where all 3 mammoths will soon be.

Now you're in the Big Room:

Forum Image

Ok, now you have all 3 elephants in one place and the raid should be back to it's normal 2 groups of 6. Hard mode here means getting through the corridors and killing all 3 elephants in 7 minutes! So get to killing elephants right? Right, but when an elephant gets to 36k it will spawn a set of adds. Adds usually consist of a Blood Hand Renewer (20k), a Dunhoth Warden (20k), 2 Noxious Wights (9k), and 3 or so Blood Hand Stalwarts (5k). Adds will also spawn when elephants hit 24k and 12k morale. Also, once in the big room, elephants will frequently put color coded eyes on individuals (Yellow = Dungarth, Purple = Kavaran, and Green = Vark). This will direct the elephant's attention to the person with the eye, and that person should immediately turn the elephant away from the group. If the guard gets an eye, it's no big deal because he will be kiting anyways. So now that we know what happens, how do we get these fools, along with all the adds they spawned killed in the 4 minutes or so you have remaining after the gauntlet?

Elephant Execution:
Once all elephants are in the Big Room and active, the guard should engage one of the elephants he doesn't have aggro on. Hopefully it's an engage on an elephant that was being tanked by a champ that can now ebb ire onto said guard. After this, the guard can begin kiting in a square around the room as to not bring elephants through the middle of the group (elephants like to use their AoE when they get next to a bunch of people). While the guard is taking care of aggro business DPS should be working on hurting the elephant that first broke through a wall. Everyone else should be ready at the group rally point, banners down, ready to wreck adds when they spawn. When adds have spawned all DPS, except one ranged damage should switch to killing adds. The one ranged damage will continue DPS'ing the elephant. It is of utmost importance that DPS hold nothing back here. Getting the set of adds killed asap is super important to survival and success of hard mode. Also, with each add spawn there will need to be corruptions removed immediately on any Blood Hand Renewers and/or Dunhoth Wardens (Blood Hand Renewers' Corruptions will give every enemy around double damage and Dunhoth Warden's Corruptions will give all enemies around -90% incoming damage). Also these mobs need to stay interrupted at all times (Blood Hand Renewers will heal elephants and Dunhoth Wardens will summon more adds). It is also very important that the group stays in a tight clump when adds are alive. There should be an individual designated as the group magnet and everyone else should try and stay near this person. This is a person rather than a set place as Noxious Wights will lay down green pools (as mentioned earlier) and Dunhoth Wardens will lay down purple pools (these just do damage over time, but much more than acid puddles). Get out of these pools and move as a unit with the designated magnet. In order to achieve hard mode you will need to be spawning adds about every 30 seconds, so the one ranged elephant DPS should not stray from killing his elephant target. If you get behind on heals, do not hesitate to pop cooldowns such as fellowship's heart, essay of exaltation, that which does not kill us, In harms way/last stand. This is a 4 minute fight, so hold nothing back. Once the first elephant is dead you have decreased the amount of damage taken. Your designated ranged DPS'er should immediately find the next weakest elephant and begin killing it hard. (Also if an elephant is dying too fast and adds are spawning way too quickly, your designated elephant killer should be able to recognize this and break off to help kill adds.) Continue this cycle and if you're quick enough and able to stay alive, congrats!

Hope this will help!
FundinStrongarm
Officer

I meant to ask yesterday. Who did the run go?
kroleg
Factotum of the Free People

Never happened, unfortunately. We only had 3 signups.
FundinStrongarm
Officer

We're giving this another kick at the can Sunday evening April 24th.
Turnrid
Sure-Footed Shireling

Well I got through the disease wing tonight so I know that one pretty well. Its really easy once you get the hang of it. Hope we can all do it soon.
Turnrid
Sure-Footed Shireling

Good Luck on OD on Sunday.

I sadly will not be able to make it

And if whoever is going to be leading it wants to get together, I can give tips on how to do both wound and disease. Just PM me when I'm on.
FundinStrongarm
Officer

Due to popular demand, Ost Dunhoth is back this Sunday, May 1st at 7:30pm EST.
FundinStrongarm
Officer

2-for-1 special!! We will be running Ost Dunhoth disease wing Saturday night and the wound wing Sunday night.
Turnrid
Sure-Footed Shireling

Good Job on the disease wing Saturday night, cleared it without to much of a problem.

I was just wondering if there is an interest to try to get the poison wing down before Thursday when it resests. Frothmar is one beast that needs to be tamed by TAME!!!
FundinStrongarm
Officer

OD will be this Tuesday, the 24th, for signups. Not sure which wing we'll try yet. Open to suggestions.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tolkien's Army of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Raids, Instances & Book Quests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: