Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tolkien's Army of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Instance and Quest Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huckling
huckling
Librarian of the White Council

re: Inn of the Forsaken (Spoilers)

I'm sure most have played around in the inn. If you are like me, you usually don't pay much attention to how much silver a chest drops. I am busy looking for the other stuff that may be inside.

If you like to solo, you can start this instance at level 20 and it is very, very easy to do if you are near the level cap. At the end of the run, you get a chest that has about 250 silver in it. The instance takes about 15 minutes if you know the riddles (Posted below). You also get a few recruit marks and a chance at an Inn mark. (yes, the same inn mark needed for the level 65 jewelry).

Set the level up to 25 (still just as quick and easy) and the chest drops 500 silver, plus the same other options.

set the difficulty to tier 2 level 25 and you get 2 chests for a total of 1 gold and more chances for the inn marks (maybe takes about 20 minutes if you know the doors).

Set the level to 30 (still easily soloable at 65) and you get about 850 silver in one chest and First marks start dropping.

Grab a couple of friends and do this at tier 2 (level 65) and you get 9+ gold to split from the 3 chests that drop. The one time I have done this, the chests also yielded 4 third marks (only need 5 for a symbol) and other assortments of marks. Once all 3 know the instance well, this should be easily finish-able in 30 - 45 minutes at t2, level 65.

All this to say... if you are short on cash, I've never seen an easier money grind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riddle solutions posted below. If you want to learn them by yourself, avert your eyeys.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Faint
2. Story
3. No
4. Mumble
5. Look
6. Smoke
7. Dance
8. Rude
9. Cower
10. Pat
11. Shrug
12. Surrender
13. Mock
14. Kneel
15. Sad
16. Angry
17. Stare
18. Cry
19. Sorry
20. Impatient
21. Bye
22. Handstand
23. Thank
24. Whistle
25. Blush
26. Flirt
27. Nothing
28. Away
29. Beg
30. Fight
31. Hug
32. Sing
33. Mourn
34. Assist
35. Crazy
36. Liedown
37. Laugh
38. Bored
39. Sit
40. Rest
41. Eat
42. Stretch
43. Bow
44. Wave
45. Shiver
46. Sigh
47. Clap
48. Pose
49. Poke
50. Drool
51. Ready
52. Calm
53. Agree
54. Salute
55. Cheer
56. Pick
57. Charge
58. Slap
59. Sweat
60. Drink
61. Wink
62. Roar
63. Scratch
64. Tear
65. Scold
66. Yawn
67. Talk
68. Challenge
69. Bother
70. Pushups
71. Curtsey
72. Cough
73. Point
74. Flip
75. Wait
76. Beckon
77. Yes
78. Grumble
79. Kiss
80. Think
81. Hail
82. Innocent
83. Shakefist

Last edited by huckling on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 16 times in total
EarthenDestroyer

Excelllent post Huck! I have ran through it a couple times now, and it was pretty fun, only thing I had an issue with was the riddles. :P Luckily when I ran I was with others.

I think I will do a couple solo, and make some money to work on my cooking and farming some more.

EarthenDestroyer (Hero)- 188 CR - Heals + DPS

ED Omega (Villain) - 188 CR - DPS + Troller
Huckling
huckling

Updated with most of the solutions. Should finish tonight. Please let me know if put any are out of order. I typed fast, so may have made a mistake.
EarthenDestroyer

Excellent information!! I am not good at riddles, so when I saw them I was in trouble! This is a huge help!

Thanks Huck!

Prettyface
Leader

a great post that still needs to be up top
EarthenDestroyer

Perhaps we can put this one somewhere, along with others of the same type info in a certain place for Hints and Tips. (subforum) or something.

Fourtytwoish

Thanks for the info huck!! I hadnt planned on doing this instance at all until I read your post but since then I have run it on a couple of my toons and have really enjoyed it, it kinda reminds me of the goonies.

I have one question for you though, you mentioned that first marks can be exchanged for third marks but I went to the exchange vendor in the skirmish camp and couldn't find a way to do it so I'm just wondering how do you turn in your first marks for third marks?
Huckling
huckling

There is a good chance I misread the conversion in the exchange window. This is a great link for the skirmish vendors, but they don't list a few things. I will check for certain when I get home tonight, but if you didn't see it, I bet I just messed up. I took that part out to prevent further confusion.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Skirmish_Compendium

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Skirmish_Exchange
EarthenDestroyer

I have gone solo a couple times now, and this is a Huge help for me. I cannot figure out riddles for nothing. If I did not have the answers or someone to go with me, I would be so Stuck.

Fourtytwoish

Yea, unfortunately I think you can only downgrade your marks,( ie. 2nd to 1st) or you can upgrade them to veteran by adding some skirmish points, Too bad it doesn't work the other way though, it would be pretty sweet.

You can still use them for other stuff or just trade them in for skirm marks
Prettyface
Leader

Ok Huck this question is from the Hobbit side. How do u solo the last boss. I get him down but he runs a heals himself. I cant pull the lever cause im the wrong class...or am I totally lost here
Huckling
huckling

There are 2 pressure plates that trigger 2 traps.

Step on 1 pressure plate to trigger the spikes. Catch him on the spikes so he can get his hand stuck in the floor and becomes vulnerable (as you have been doing).

Once he runs off to heal, he props up against that mast. Run to the OTHER pressure, on the opposite side of the ship and it will trigger the trap on the mast and end the fight with him.

If you chose Tier 2... you just have to follow the spirit doing damage and dealing with the adds which don't do much damage at all.
EarthenDestroyer

Pretty...

When you get the boss about 1/2 way down, he will get Imune. On the floor you will see the holes for the spikes. as you board the boat on the upper left is the touch pad for it. When he slams his hand down and gets stuck. jump up there and hit that pad. Make sure he is standing on the holes. He will take damage and can be attacked again.

best to tank him in front of that pad, on top of the trap.

Then when he is about dead, he will run to the middle of the boat to lick his wounds and will heal. Run to the opposite side of the boat and there is another touch plate for the center trap (on the upper left side of the boar parallel from the one for the spikes), Hit it, he will die. At lower levels the fight should not lat more than a couple min.

By the time I posted this,.. Huck already posted his. Darn him and his fast fingers!

Prettyface
Leader

ty was missing the second plate
Korruk_eso

Wow, thanks so much. This will make this so much easier.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tolkien's Army of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Instance and Quest Guides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: